Table of contents
🚀 The Book in 3 Sentences
- James Nestor writes about his journey on breathing that started a decade ago.
- This journey consists of research he was partaking in himself, interviews with scientists or practitioners of breathing methods, and old scientific findings.
- The book concludes with some best practices which are very helpful in getting started with proper breathing.
A fantastic life-changing book. This will blow your mind if you've not read anything on breathwork. The story is very well structured, and the writer is invested. It gives an excellent overview of other research and different techniques being used while also giving some historical background.
How I Discovered It
Researching for more books on breathing after reading Shut Your Mouth by George Catlin.
Who Should Read It?
Everyone. Simple as that. If everybody started breathing correctly, the impact would be out of this world.
☘️ How the Book Changed Me
💡 How my life / behaviour / thoughts / ideas have changed as a result of reading the book.
- This book gave me so many directions within the rabbit hole to dive into. It is a great starting point if you are interested in breathwork.
✍️ My Top 3 Quotes
- "CO2 is not a poison or a waste product; it’s as essential for life as oxygen.”
- "Our ancestors had it right. It’s modern life that’s screwed everything up. Humans have become the most diseased animals on the planet, not because of our genes, but because of the way we live.”
- "Throughout history, the most brilliant discoveries about the powers of breath had been made by individuals who spent years, often decades, developing and then teaching their methods. But once they died, their work was usually buried with them.”