Table of contents
🚀 The Podcast in 3 Sentences
- MrBeast is the most prominent content creator at this moment. Lex and MrBeast are discussing everything related to content creation and MrBeasts vision on this.
- Go big or go home. MrBeast is a broken record, as he proclaims himself. Create value for the viewer. That’s it. Be obsessed about it and go big on providing value. The rest is secondary. It is better to create one fantastic piece of content than 100 mediocre ones. However, if you start as a creator, publish a lot, iterate, and learn.
- Sometimes the conversation shifted towards topics related to content creation, like hiring a team, platforms, etc. And even with these topics, you notice the value-driven mindset of MrBeast. If there is a hire within the team that isn’t a perfect fit. Find out what they would instead do, and help them get there instead of just firing them. Create value.
It shouldn’t be surprising that MrBeast is brilliant, considering he is today's most significant content creator. But still, it surprised me how insanely well thought through his Youtube channel is. His obsession with making quality content is a big part of his success. Getting a glimpse of what is happening behind the scenes on such a channel is fascinating. With his other businesses, MrBeast has over 100 people working for him. He tried to hire people from Disney and other major media houses to grow his businesses. Think about it. A Youtube channel is hiring people from such companies. The media productions on Youtube are getting better and better. I enjoyed listening to this podcast.
How I Discovered It
Lex Fridman is my nr 1. podcast, and I regularly check in to see what guests are on. Since I work in content creation, I had to listen to this.
Who Should Listen To It?
If you are interested in the future of media consumption or work in any field related to online content. This is the podcast for you.
☘️ How the Podcast changed me
💡 How my life / behavior / thoughts / ideas have changed as a result of listening to the podcast.
- Content creation on the web is the future. The money goes to it so that production will improve over time. You are not simply starting a Youtube channel. You are starting a production business. This mindset shift forces you to look at things differently; somehow, this perspective attaches a more professional feeling too content creation on Youtube.
✍️ My top 3 quotes
- "It is better to make one good evergreen piece with 10 million viewers than 100 mediocre ones with 10.000 viewers."
- "Be obsessive and surround yourself with people that share the obsession."
- "Just focus on value creation."